Nearly seven in 10 Americans believe that the traditional grocery store run will be a thing of the past due to COVID-19. Since March, 64% of us have utilized grocery deliveries and 55% have tried a meal kit delivery service.
HelloFresh found that many of us have used our time in quarantine to reevaluate our food shopping and cooking habits. And here’s how Covid-19 has changed our perceptions of going to the grocery store:
- We often encounter product shortages
- We worry about the cleanliness of the products and overall environment
- We plan out what to buy ahead of time to minimize the time spent in the grocery store
- We spend as little time as possible in the grocery store to minimize possible exposure to germs
- We make fewer impulse purchases
photo credit: Getty Images