See full list of events by clinking on the photo below.
Monday, Jan. 15 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
Greensboro Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parade
- Where: Downtown Greensboro, from Buff Street to Elm Street
- When: 11 a.m.
- The parade route will be shut down 15 minutes prior to the parade start time.
MLK Day of Service
- Where: Four Seasons Town Centre, inside former Dillard's space
- When: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The theme of the day is 'life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'what are you doing for others?' Event includes hands-on service project and a non-profit volunteer fair, career fair, community art projects, scavenger hunt and more
MLK Day Breakfast
- Where: Occasions Restaurant (286 E Front St., Burlington)
- When: Doors open at 8 a.m., Program starts at 8:30 a.m.
- A Monday morning breakfast celebration. Tickets at $15. To buy a ticket, you can call David Spruill (336-512-3474), Occasions (336-227-9887) or Like Clock Works Hair Salon (336-437-6601)
Community Martin Luther King, Jr. Cross-Cultural Event
- Where: Saint James Presbyterian Church (820 Ross Ave. in Greensboro)
- When: Noon
- Reverend Dr. Daran H. Mitchell, pastor at Trinity A.M.E. Zion Church, will be the featured speaker. The Bennett College Choir will perform.
Out of the Garden Project Special Food Giveaway
- Where: Out of the Garden Project warehouse, the Church on 68 (300 NC Hwy 68 S, Greensboro)
- When: 2 to 4 p.m.
- Anyone in need of food is invited. Water, soda, tea, coffee, produce, pizza and bread will be served.
MLK Day Worship Service at High Point University
- Where: The Charles E. Hayworth Sr. Memorial Chapel
- When: 11 a.m.
- The keynote speaker is Bishop Vashti Murphy McKenzie. The service is open to the public.
Memorial Breakfast in Honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Where: The Koury Convention Center (3121 High Point Road, Greensboro)
- When: 7:30 a.m.
- Keynote address by Reverend Dr. T. Anthony Spearman.
From WFMY News 2
WS- 4Th and Cherry Streets
- Event Date: Monday, January 15, 2018
- Event Time: 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Time of Street Closure: 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Event Location: To begin in the area of 4th Street and Cherry Street.
Lexington at Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. ParadeTime: 1:00 PMLocation: Uptown Lexington