Red, Puffy, and Oozing Puss

GREENSBORO, N.C. — A Triad woman says she will never go to a nail salon again. She said she had a nightmare experience at a Greensboro salon that left her with a fungal infection.

WFMY News 2 chose not to name the salon because we can't prove for certain she got the infection there. But there's still a lesson to learn from the customer's experience.

The woman who only wanted to reveal her first name said she got a dip powder manicure on October 17th.

Bethany said the nail tech cut her while filing her nails, dipped her finger into the powder container, and finished the process.

"I noticed about a week later I had a little spots go up [around a few nails] and tried creams over-the-counter and then soaked them in alcohol and peroxide and it just kept getting worse, " she said.

When her nails started to bleed earlier this week, she went to the doctors who diagnosed her with a fungal infection.

Click here for more details from News 2

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

99.5 WMAG · The Best Variety of the '80s, '90s and Today! Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point
Listen Now on iHeartRadio