Man's legs, hands amputated after contact with dog's saliva

Getty Images

A Wisconsin man has reportedly had both legs and hands amputated after he contracted a rare infection that his family says likely came from being licked by a dog.

Greg Manteufel started feeling sick July 27 and went into septic shock, according to a GoFundMe accountset up in his name. Doctors confirmed he contracted Capnocytophaga Canimorsus.

Within days of being admitted to the hospital, Manteufel had both feet amputated. Later, doctors had to amputate through to the kneecaps. As the bacteria spread, Manteufel also had to have both hands amputated.

Click here for more details from News 2


Content Goes Here