Person Died From Flesh-Eating Bacteria, 9 Others Infected in Va.


HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WVEC) -- Health officials are warning people of the dangerous flesh-eating bacteria, Vibrio parahaemolyticus.

So far this year, nine people have contracted the infection in our region and one person has died. According to the Virginia Department of Health, the summertime is when Vibrio is most prevalent due to warmer water temperatures. The number of cases tends to rise between the months of April and October.

Click here for more details from News 2


Content Goes Here